Is there an SH&E position open at your company in Atlanta or the surrounding area? Please contact the chapter secretary to have it posted on the Georgia Chapter website. When submitting a posting, please include the following sections:
- Contact Instructions
- Company Name
- Position Title
- Duties / Responsibilities / Employment Background
- Time (Full or Part Time)
- Salary Range
- Location (City & State)
Please note: The following positions are listed with the Georgia Chapter of the American Society of Safety Professionals as a courtesy to it’s members. The Chapter does not necessarily endorse the employers listed nor warrant the suitability of a specified position for a member.
It’s an exciting time to join us at Nationwide as a Loss Control Consultant! Are you a knowledgeable Loss Control Professional who has been working in risk management in the insurance industry for at least 8 years? Are you a proven performer who is ready to make the most of your knowledge and skill set? Furthermore, are you a visionary and change champion? If you answered yes, then we may have just the right fit for you.
We are seeking a Loss Control Consultant with responsibilities for the state of Georgia . The person in this role must reside in Atlanta or central GA.
Here at Nationwide our employees are part of a Fortune 25 company with an award-winning culture that has been named a Gallup Great Place to work year after year.
Why Join Us at Nationwide? It’s simple as 1, 2, 3…
Build your personal legacy.
Be a champion of positive change.
You can make a difference in someone’s life.
Your Impact – What You will be Doing
- You will be responsible for risk assessment, service delivery and management of middle-market commercial accounts with premium size 100k or greater.
- You will provide technical support services to underwriting, claims, sales, members and agency partners.
- You’ll have the opportunity to assist with training objectives and conduct training.
What’s Needed for this Role
- Risk management/loss control experience in the insurance industry with multi-line experience.
- Strong relationship, marketing and consulting skills to interact with underwriting, agents, members and team.
- BS/BA degree in safety-related field preferred. A designation such as ARM or CSP required.
You can click on the link on the top of the post, or visit us at www.nationwide.com/careers and search for job opening ID 69821 to read the entire job description and apply online or send a resume to Tracy Higley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. KSU offers more than 150 undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degrees to its more than 35,000 students. With 13 colleges on two metro Atlanta campuses, Kennesaw State is a member of the University System of Georgia and the third-largest university in the state. The university’s vibrant campus culture, diverse population, strong global ties, entrepreneurial spirit, and Division I athletics draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Ranked a top choice for students by U.S. News, Kennesaw State is a Carnegie-designated doctoral research institution (R2), placing it among an elite group of only 6 percent of U.S. colleges and universities with an R1 or R2 status.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060.
Responsible for overseeing all aspects of health, safety and environmental compliance training, including managing safety incident reporting, and overseeing EHS audits/inspections. Manage KSU’s Environmental and Occupational Safety Management System (EOSMS) and coordinate activities of the Safety Committees and University Safety Council.
- Works closely with academic/operational unit managers and EHS subject matter experts to conduct training needs assessments, develop and implement training plans, and conduct regular reviews of the plans
- Administers safety training learning management system, including adding new training materials, review and updating existing material, developing and assigning learning plans
- Schedules EHS-related training for academic and operational units, including new hire safety orientations, new safety/compliance training and refresher trainings; monitors completion status and communicates appropriately to employees and supervisors
- Works closely with Human Resources and individual departments during onboarding process to ensure appropriate safety orientation of new hires
- Maintains University’s electronic system for reporting, investigating and monitoring safety-related incidents, including training members of the university community on how to use the system
- Receives, reviews, assigns for investigation, tracks and maintains all records of notification of environmental, health, safety and risk management-related incidents; and generates summary reports for management and University Safety Council review
- Maintains University’s electronic system for planning, scheduling and tracking environmental, health and safety inspection/audits, including training university members on using the system
- Works closely with Lead Audits from EHS and academic/operational units to develop and implement inspections/audit plans to meet compliance obligations and in accordance with KSU policies and procedures
- Creates and assigns inspection tasks to lead auditors/inspectors per established guidelines and frequencies
- Monitors completion status and provides feedback to the auditors/inspectors, supervisors and leadership
- Maintains KSU Environmental and Occupational Safety Management System (EOSMS) including working closely with academic and operations unit managers to ensure its implementation
- Maintains a registry of current copies of EOSMS component documents and EHS operational control documents including policies, procedures and forms
- Coordinates the monitoring and review of EHS formal documents, per the established frequency and ensures timely update of the registry and EHS website
- Assists in administration and maintenance of EHS enterprise software including participating in configuration and testing of new modules
- Provides user training, responds to issues raised by users, and communicates with UITS and the vendor’s technical support services on issues relating to the software
- Coordinates activities of 17 Safety Committees across the university, including maintaining records of the committees’ charters and membership, and conducting orientation of new members
- Assists in administration of the University Safety Council including maintaining records of the Council;s charter and membership, scheduling meeting, and distributing meeting notes and other relevant communications
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education
Other Required Qualifications
Current, valid, and unrestricted Georgia driver’s license
Five (5) years of progressive experience in safety management, training administration, management systems, or business, information technology or related field
Preferred Educational Qualifications
Master’s degree in Safety Management, Training Administration, Management over Systems, Business, Information Technology or related field
Previous experience managing learning management systems and EHS enterprise software solutions for tracking training, incidents and inspections
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Ability to handle multiple tasks or projects simultaneously while meeting assigned deadlines
Working knowledge of management systems and the ability to implement and maintain safety programs following such framework
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
Proficiency in the computer application including Microsoft Office suite, and enterprise EHS software system
Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national, origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
Yes, this position will be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position may travel 1% – 24% of the time
- Standard Enhanced + Education & DMV
Apply at: Careers – BOR Modification (usg.edu)
Griffin, GA, US
Creating A Healthier Way of Living
Rinnai America is the leader in tankless water heating, a technology that is growing rapidly as businesses and homes “yank the tank” and convert to an efficient, endless supply of hot water. We have a commitment to our employees, and a strong, accountable culture with a practice of giving back to our communities.
Rinnai America is also proud to be the only tankless water heating manufacturer in the US, with the start of its first production facility in Georgia.
This position will facilitate compliance with occupational health and safety guidelines to support the expansion of Rinnai’s Operations Team. The main goal of this position will be to provide a safe working environment for all Rinnai employees by reducing job related risks and accidents.
- Intervenes in the case of unsafe activities or operations being carried out by employees within the workplace
- Assess equipment and machinery to gauge if they are in safe, working order.
- Investigate on-site accidents
- Responsible for keeping records of safety-related incidents and recommendation/administration of corrective measures
- Organizes safety training for staff of the organization on a regular basis
- Assist with the development of the organization’s safety policies and procedures
- Performs evaluation of safety policies, methods, and programs
- Embrace and support growing business demands in a changing environment
- Various projects as requested
- Awareness and compliance of Company Policies and Procedures
- Other duties and responsibilities as required
- Bachelor’s degree in health and safety or a related field preferred
- Experience as a health and safety coordinator.
- Knowledge of industry-specific safety standards
- Experience with writing policies and procedures for health and safety
- Working knowledge of safety management information system
- Excellent communication skills to be able to clearly pass information concerning safety precautions to staff of the company
- Good interpersonal skills
- Coordinating abilities that are of the highest standards
- Must be able to display good leadership skills
- Must be observant and proactive at all times when it comes to issues related to workplace safety
- Must be willing and able to work as part of a team or even lead a team if the need arises
- Prioritize and multi-task in the face of many responsibilities/duties
- High level of personal integrity and honesty.
- Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- Identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
- Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) options for Medical and Dependent Care
- Paid Time Off (PTO), Floating Holidays (FH)
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Professional Development
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Annual incentive plan (AIP)
- Referral Bonuses
- Paid Volunteer Community Service Day
- Tobacco and Drug-Free Campuses
Link to apply: Recruitment (adp.com)
We are in the process of searching for a new Director of Safety Operations for our organization. This is a newly created position supporting our 30 + facilities in 10 states.
Point of contact- Matt Meneghini- Talent Acquisition Manager (see contact info below)
Trinidad Benham Corporation, HQ’d in Denver, CO
Open position- Director of Safety Operations
Full-time- Corporate position based out of one of our facilities in GA, TN or CA
$125,000-150,000 (+ benefits, Employee Stock Ownership Plan)
La Vergne, TN, La Grange, GA or City of Industry, CA
Please email or call with any additional questions. Thank you!
Talent Acquisition Manager
Trinidad Benham Corp.
Field Safety Manager-Loss Prevention and Safety
Reports to Sr. Director of Risk Management
The Field Safety Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing loss prevention
strategies for the Company with a focus on driver safety and injury prevention. The Field Safety
Manager will coordinate with Safety Directors well as Branch Operations leadership in crafting
short and long term strategies for building a culture of safety within the organization, evaluate
TFI customer commitment to driver and workplace safety, conduct customer site visits, provide
training and professional development for management and driver personnel; coordinate with
the Safety and Compliance Team to review all vehicle accidents and driver injuries to determine
root causes and corrective actions. This individual will champion and chair the company’s
safety committee and communications. This position will require up to 50% travel including
- Develop and implement behavioral based safety training and initiatives designed to
prevent and /or reduce driver injuries and vehicle accidents.
- Formulate recommended action plans, analyze data/trends to drive injury and incident
reduction and identify opportunities to improve driver safety.
- Evaluate new and current customers; conduct site evaluations; provide reports to Sales
and Sr. Leadership teams to evaluate clients and pricing.
- Create an accident investigation presentation for branch operations staff.
- Develop a process to identify “at-risk” drivers with respect to safety.
- Develop and implement branch and customer scorecards for measuring safety
- Conduct and attend safety training meetings.
- Create safety initiatives as a member of the Safety Committee.
- Conduct branch compliance audits for regulatory compliance (OSHA postings, statutory
WC mandated postings, etc.)
- Champion safety communications for drivers and staff (newsletters, posters, and social
- Serve as the point of contact for all OSHA inquiries and inspections.
- Attend Staffing /Transportation Association meetings as required.
- Attend insurance stewardship meetings. The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in Safety, Health, Engineering or related
discipline and at least 5-10 years of transportation safety or safety management experience in
logistics, supply chain, insurance company or staffing company. Working knowledge of workers
compensation, federal and state safety laws, the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations is
required. Current OSHA 10 or 30 hour certified training a plus.
Please send all inquires to:
Mrs. Torquka R. Johnson Haggerty, Sr. Director, Risk Management & Safety, email@example.com