Solvay (Job ID 10050) located in Alpharetta
SPECIALTY POLYMERS belongs to Solvay, a global multi-specialty chemical company with more than 27,000 employees, committed to developing innovative solutions for key societal challenges. With more than 1500 products and over 2 billion EU sales, Specialty Polymers, a core Solvay Global Business Unit (GBU), offers the widest range of high-performance polymers in the world. A portfolio that enables our customers to create advanced customized solutions that extend the limits of metal replacement in a wide range of areas from sustainable mobility, to hyperconnectivity and advanced consumer devices to batteries, electrification and efficient energy production, and many more. JOIN US When our science and innovation blends with your energy and passion, Solvay Specialty Polymers becomes the perfect fit to start your career. Join one of the world’s leading chemical companies in which vast international opportunities, motivating benefits and a fulfilling environment are waiting for you.
Job Overview and Responsibilities:
Acts as the Management Representative responsible for providing leadership and direction within the HSE group. Ensures a HSE management system is established, implemented and maintained in accordance with Solvay standards. Reports to top management on the systems performance and any need for improvement. Drives continual improvements across the Site, while improving safety. Insures a strong focus and awareness on HSE performance.
Works with area managers and all employees to insure we maintain an ongoing safety culture. Provide site HSE leadership, develop and implement site HSE policies and programs as well as promote the integration in the local community while respecting the company’s values and strategic pillars.
- Provide overall leadership for HSE improvement programs. Develop effective and efficient HSE standards, policies and procedures as well as insure they are implemented and adhered to. Responsible for the site HSE training program.
- Maintain internal and external HSE reports and communications (such as OSHA 300 log, EPA reports, local environmental reports, and internal reports to Solvay groups). Report HSE metrics for management reviews. Coordinate external
HSE support for the site for: health and hygiene services, internal audits, external audits, environmental support, etc. Collaborate with the GBU and Corporate HSE experts.
- Coordinates the Occupational health and Industrial hygiene needs of the site.
- Ensure that HSE incidents are analyzed, shared with other sites and corrective measures developed.
- Responsible for overall management of, preparation of, and adherence to site environmental (air, water, storm-water, etc) permits.
- Provides oversight in the area of Risk Control concerning HSE i.e. MOCs /PSSRs/ PHAs / HAZOPs
- Review CAPEX projects and MOCs for environmental safety and health considerations.
- Provide support to broader Solvay networks and activities
- Participates as a member of the Alpharetta Site Leadership Team. Provide leadership to the site regarding environmental, safety and health issues to ensure compliance with Federal, State, and local regulations.
- Keep site management informed of appropriate government regulations and corporate policies, and assess their potential impact on site operations and costs.
- Interact with government agencies, contractors, vendors, and Solvay personnel at all levels on pertinent issues related to Health Safety and Environmental.
- Identify and participate in professional development opportunities that will benefit the facility and Solvay.
- Support shipping of outgoing hazardous materials to ensure DOT compliance and file waste profile updates with waste disposer (aka Clean Harbors), file waste manifests.
- Manage updates to online SDS system, coordinate new chemical forms and approval processes. Handle all aspects of the document control process for HSE documents.
- Responsible for ensuring the operational readiness of the Alpharetta Emergency Response Team. Coordinate “Table Top” exercises for ERT.
- Ensure compliance with overall contractor management program.
- Sponsor the Alpharetta Safety Council and provide guidance.
Education and Experience:
Education and Skill Requirements
- 5-10 years HSE experience in an industrial context coupled with an advanced understanding of industry best practices.
- Expert level understanding of site HSE practices, of federal and local HSE laws, permits, standards and regulations including VPP & RCMS.
- Strong management skills, oral skills and communication skills. Outstanding Ethics and Integrity.
- Able and willing to work non-standard shifts.
Physical requirements of Position:
- Ability to walk entire facility, climb ladders, stairs and catwalks. Standard office environment including ability to use a computer.
- Ability to travel and handle exposure to weather (i.e. cold, heat, rain, etc.). Physically able to conduct hands-on incident response duties.
Interested candidates should contact Rocky Ramirez for information
Solvay USA, Inc.
Human Resources, Talent Acquisition & Development
Sr. Talent Acquisition Specialist, North America
T: 770-772-8453 – M: 470-403-7752
4500 McGinnis Ferry Road
Alpharetta, GA 3005
Posting as it appears on Solvay website: