Risk Control Consultant
Posted: Nov 21, 2019
Location Duluth, Georgia
BITCO is currently seeking an experienced Risk Control Consultant to help cover our Central Georgia territory, reporting to our branch office in Atlanta, GA. With 15 branch offices in 13 states, BITCO provides quality insurance services to special industries including construction, forest products and oil & gas.
With minimal supervision, this position provides risk control services to customer accounts and performs risk control evaluations about potential customer accounts for BITCO management and Underwriters.
- Evaluate exposure and exposure controls for current and prospective customers
- Identify and recommend risk improvements
- Prepare various risk control reports
- Conduct occasional safety meetings / training for customers
- Utilize product line expertise to ensure good loss experience outcomes
- Foster new business development through quality agency relationships and effective customer interactions
- Help train and fill in for team members as needed
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Safety, Risk Management, Engineering, or related field preferred
- 5+ years of experience as a Risk Control Consultant with experience in the areas of Commercial Construction; Forestry; and Public Entities.
- Professional safety certification (CSP, ARM, or other) preferred; or willingness to obtain
- OSHA/MSHA/DOT knowledge preferred
- Progressive working knowledge of customer safety programs, state and federal regulations, and general insurance and policy terms
- Good communication and mentoring skills; ability to convey knowledge to others
- Develop and maintain good customer relations
- Effectively communicate in person, by telephone, and email with supervisors, co-workers, customers and their representatives, and other third parties
- Ability to routinely bend, kneel, reach, climb, and walk around to evaluate customer job sites and machinery
- Overnight travel required