Location: West Point GA
Benefits: Company pays up to 95%! PTO, 401k, 14 holidays, flexible spending accounts, company paid Life Insurance.
Background checks are required.
Urinalysis will be conducted. Applicant will be given a voucher so they can do it free of charge within 30miles of their home.
Cultural aspects-This is a LARGE factory setting, candidates should understand those departmental environments and large factory settings and culture or be open to learning.
Lead ergonomic program activities for existing production process improvement and new production process development. Perform Safety Specialist duties including equipment buy-off processes, accident/incident investigations, Job Hazard Analyses, Safety Observation Tours, and other tasks relevant to the position. Maintain a visible on-floor presence supporting production and engineering needs.
ESSENTIAL PRIMARY DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES (including but not limited to the following):
- Lead ergonomics program, articulate ergonomics vision, integrate ergonomics with existing engineering & safety functions.
- Create opportunities for team member participation in the ergonomics solution process.
- Develop & implement a method to evaluate & document ergonomic risk factors of job tasks.
- Conduct risk assessments of all production jobs within Stamping, Body, Paint, Assembly Shops, & other off-line & sequencing areas as requested.
- Provide guidance to Production Engineers, Group Leaders, Assistant Managers & Managers to create & define corrective actions to perceived safety & ergonomic issues. Work with shop leadership to implement & sustain countermeasures.
- Analyze trends regarding risk factors, symptom data, & injury experience. Make recommendations to prioritize countermeasure implementation.
- Participate in new process installation & equipment modification minimizing ergonomic risk factors.
- Develop & deliver ergonomics training for Team Member, Engineering, & Management as appropriate.
- Investigate ergonomic injury cases & write opinions regarding work relatedness of those cases in support of Workers’ Compensation Case Management.
- Assist Group Leaders & Assistant Managers with restricted team member job placement & rotation schemes.
- Conduct periodic inspections of plant machinery, equipment, & working conditions to ensure conformance to appropriate Ergonomic, Safety & Health Standards & OSHA Regulations.
- Investigate incidents & working conditions, compiling data, providing remedial actions & recommendations to achieve loss prevention. Follow up & work with Shop Leadership to assure that countermeasures are sustained.
- Perform all duties of Safety Specialist as assigned by departmental leadership. Must be able to work any shift in all shops.
QUALIFICATIONS and JOB REQUIREMENTS (Education, Experience, Competencies):
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Health and Safety Management, Industrial Engineering, or a related field along with two (2) to five (5) years of progressive experience in the ergonomics and/or EHS field in a manufacturing environment preferably within the automotive industry, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
SPECIALIZED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- Successful implementation of an ergonomics program at any manufacturer or component manufacturer is preferred.
- Other successful ergonomics program experience will be considered.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Access
- Certified Ergonomics Technician or Professional (CET / CEP)
- Associate or Certified Safety Professional (ASP / CSP)
- Occupational Health and Safety Technologist (OHST)
Contact Rick O’Callaghan Ricko@fusioncell.com for more information